Princess Anne – Our most disturbing walk
(no children allowed).
Take a walk in two worlds as your are guided through the historic town of Princess Anne, MD. The ghosts of Elizabeth Upshur Teackle still haunts her beloved home – Teackle Mansion. Learn how much she loved it. Hear the stories of Dr. Ruby, Judge Standford, Judge Mac Duer, 2 lynchings and the spirits of prisoners still held inside the Grey Eagle jail.
NO CHILDREN UNDER 12 ON THIS WALK
Tour has harsh content with violent stories. No Kids tickets are sold for this event.
SITES ON THE PRINCESS ANNE GHOST WALK include the old Princess Anne jail, the Teackle Mansion, the Washington Hotel, Francis Barnes House, the Volunteer Fire Company, and the Somerset County Courthouse. Hear tales of the dead on a walk through St. Andrew’s graveyard and touch the “healing tree.”
COST: $15 per adult. Due to the harsh content on this walk, no children tickets are sold. Must be 12 years old to attend. All persons under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. ADVANCE TICKET PURCHASE IS REQUIRED.
Scroll down to the bottom of this page to where it says TICKETS.
TIPS / GRATUITIES – Cost of ticket does not include gratuity. Please give your guide a tip if you think she or he has done well and offered an informative and entertaining experience.
BOOKS – Your guide will have a limited number of copies of The Haunted Eastern Shore signed by author, Mindie Burgoyne available for $20 (cash- includes tax). The book contains the story of Mindie Burgoyne’s (owner of Chesapeake Ghost Walks) haunted house, which is told on this tour.
TIME, DRESS & INCLEMENT WEATHER
- Ghost Walk begins on time. Please meet fifteen minutes prior to the start.
- All Ghost Walks take from 1.5 to 2 hours
- We walk in the rain – and only cancel when weather poses a hazard to public safety, which is very rare (cloud to ground lightning, hurricane, ice / snow). We rarely cancel. We will notify you by phone in the unlikely event that we do cancel your walk so PLEASE INCLUDE CELL PHONE number on registration.
- Dress for the weather (coat, waterproof shoes, insect repellant)
- Bring your umbrella if it looks like rain (we still walk if it rains)
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Bring a flashlight.
- Bring your camera. That’s part of the fun.
TICKETS: Your guide will have a list of all ticket holders on site. It’s fine to bring your ticket electronically (on your phone).
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS: Full refund will be given if cancellation is made 48 hours prior to the tour’s start. If cancellation is NOT made within 48 hours of the tour, no refunds will be given. However, all registrations are transferable, so feel free to allow a friend or family member to attend in your place. Just give them your order voucher and let us know who is coming in your place